Hey everyone! Who is ready for the weekend?! It’s bound to be a scorcher this time around – with highs of around 27-28° Celsius on both Saturday and Sunday. So please ensure you’re being sun safe this weekend by drinking plenty of water, wearing sunscreen and staying out of the midday sun!
But of course if water is not your thing (which it should always be considered regardless!) then perhaps you can quench your thirst at the biggest beer festival to hit Brisbane! That’s right – it’s OKTOBERFEST TIME!!!
This weekend marks your final chance to celebrate the greatest German festival of all time!! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to drink copious amounts of ice-cold German beer, fill your belly with delicious German food and work it all off by dancing the night away to traditional German music! For our Deutsche students, this would be the perfect opportunity to escape back to where it all began, and share the moment with your new friends! 🙂
You can book your tickets online to get a small discount as opposed to buying at the gate, and there are also big discounts if you take along a group of 10 or more people! So what are you waiting for?! Put on your lederhosen, get your steins at the ready – and let’s party! To book your tickets, visit the official Brisbane Oktoberfest website here.
As far as festivities goes, there isn’t a whole lot else happening this weekend in Brisbane. But here are some ideas that I suggest if you’re feeling a little hot!
– Take a stroll along the Brisbane River.
– Stop in at Max Brenner along the way and freshen up with an icy cold chocolate frappe! (I like this one!!)
– Go for a swim down at the South Bank outdoor swimming pools.
– Take a day trip to the Gold Coast, and go swimming at our beautiful beaches! (remember to swim between the red & yellow flags!!)
– Shopping centers are a great escape from the heat as well. You can even go to see a movie!
– Or if all else fails, just spend the day at home with a nice book, icy cold drink and fan on number 3! Bliss!!
Stay cool and safe this weekend guys! See you next week! 🙂