Good morning gang!
Today is Jobs Day, so if you’re looking for work, then look no further! There are plenty of new listings this week, so I’ve made it a little easier by sharing a few that might be perfect for you! So keep on reading! 🙂
Looking for a job as a waitstaff/bartender? There are a few positions available below:
- The Grove Establishment in Ashgrove are looking for new restaurant/cocktail bar staff, who are available to start immediately. The right person for the job should have some experience working in an A La Carte environment, be well presented and reliable to work within a team and of course be enthusiastic about working in the hospitality industry. Follow this link to read more about the job description and to apply.
- Situated right behind Lexis Brisbane in Burnett Lane is the small venue The Survey Co, and they are looking for bar and wait staff to join their team. There isn’t much information on the job ad, but it’s in the perfect location for Lexis students!! 🙂 *hint hint* Click here to apply.
- The Queensland Performing Arts Center (QPAC) in South Brisbane are also looking for food and beverage attendants. Successful candidates must be available for a minimum of three shifts per week with at least 1 shift on a Saturday and 1 shift on a Wednesday as well as 2 Saturday evenings per month. You must also have a current RSA* to be eligible. To read more, click here.
- The Story Bridge Hotel over in Kangaroo Point (also perfect for Lexis Students living in Student House 😉 ) have a variety of roles available for the right people. They are looking for new Cocktail Mixologists, Bar Attendants, Wait Staff and Baristas to join their popular location! Experience with working behind a bar is essential, and of course you need an RSA! To see more click here.
*RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol): This certificate is a legal requirement to work with and around alcohol in Australia. You can do a short course online to obtain one! Check out the Club Training Australia website for more information.
There are a couple of retail jobs available if that’s what you prefer 🙂
- Windsor Smith is a specialty shoe retailer, and they’re on the lookout for some Christmas Casuals to join their store in the Queen Street Mall. This would be perfect for someone who is looking for some extra money over the holiday season. To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here to read more about the job.
- Popular international retail supermarket ALDI are also hiring new assistants to join their Brisbane City teams. They have a highly competitive pay and excellent staff benefits. You should be available to work a variety of shifts over at least 5 days a week, and while previous experience working in retail is desired, it is not necessary. What’re you waiting for – apply here today!
Housekeeping and cleaning jobs are also a popular choice this week. See below.
- The Hilton Hotel in Brisbane are in need of a laundry assistants and room attendants. Previous experience in similar roles is a great advantage, but again if you bring the right attitude, you might just be the person they’re looking for! Don’t miss your chance – apply now for the laundry assistant position, and for room attendants click here.
- YHA Brisbane Backpackers are also looking for part-time general housekeeper to cover a range of shifts over the weekends (Saturday and Sundays) and some public holidays. If you don’t mind dedicating your weekends to earning some money then this is the perfect job for you! Please include a cover letter with your application stating why you are suitable for this role. Only applicants that provide a cover letter will be considered. To see more, click here.
- The Mantra in South Bank are still looking for room attendants too! Great staff benefits and flexible working hours! Read up more about the job here.
These are just a few jobs I thought you might be interested in. As always, you can search for something a little more specific by going to Seek.com.au, or check out more available jobs within the hospitality industry here.
Today is also Jobs Workshop day – so head on over to Room 3 after Option class this afternoon to get some extra help regarding to working in Brisbane. Today’s topics are: Fine tuning your CV / Where to look for a job.
That’s it for today. Best of luck, and if you need documents such as your resume or RSA printed, just ask Tara or Robyn at Student Support. 🙂