Good morning everyone! 🙂
Welcome back once again to the first Job Search Tuesday for 2016! There are plenty of opportunities available which are perfect for those looking to work while they study! Pockets feeling a little empty after the holidays? Never fear – Job Search Tuesday is here!
Looking for bar work?
- Emirates Group have just opened their newest bar and restaurant at the Brisbane Airport, and they are searching for new, energetic bar staff. Main duties include pouring and serving beer/alcohol, coffee making, cash handling and of course supply outstanding customer service. Previous experience in a similar role is desired, and you should also hold a current RSA*. If this sounds like the job for you, click here to apply.
*RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol): This is a legal requirement within Australia to work with/around alcohol. You can complete a short online course to obtain one! Visit the Club Training Australia website for more information.
- The Watt Restaurant & Bar in New Farm are also on the hunt for new bar staff. You’ll be required to deliver high quality customer service to your clients as well as make a mean cocktail! (yum!) You’ll also be required to help out in the restaurant alongside the waitstaff when needed. The right person for the job should have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar environment, have a passion for preparing the perfect drink, be highly motivated as well as of course have your RSA. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply here.
- Southbank Beer Garden which is located in the heart of the South Bank Parklands have multiple positions available at their busy venue. If you have 2+ years experience in both waiter services/bar tending, then you might be the luck one! Email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply through Seek here.
Looking for work as a waiter/waitress?
- Located right behind Lexis Brisbane (hint hint) is The Survey Co, and they have many vacancies open for all front of house staff which includes wait staff and bar staff. They are situated in Burnett Lane which you can see from our sunny balcony, so you have no excuse 🙂 Apply via this link.
- The Watt Restaurant & Bar in New Farm also have wait staff positions available. You must have at least 1 year experience working in a restaurant/cafe and you should also have a current RSA. Check out the job description here.
Prefer working as a housekeeper/cleaner?
- LUXXE Outsourced Hotel has recently expanded their Brisbane based location. They have several positions available for an immediate start. Available positions include: Housekeeping Supervisors – Part Time; Room Attendants – Part Time and Casual; Housemen – Part Time and Public Area Cleaners – Part Time. To apply, click here.
- AHS Hospitality are still on the lookout for their newest housekeeping room attendants for their Brisbane CBD region. Previous experience is desired, but not essential, and you’ll also be given the opportunity to obtain a Certificate 3 in Hospitality – which will look great on your resume! Must be available to work a variety of shifts which includes weekends and public holidays. Sounds like you? Apply today!
That’s it for today! As always, you can do a search of your own via the search bar on the Seek website. Don’t forget that this afternoon we will also have our first Jobs Workshop for the year. If you need further help fine tuning your resume or writing the perfect cover letter, then this is the place to be! Room 3 at 2pm (after option class).
Happy job hunting! 🙂