Good morning Bris Vegas!
It’s Tuesday again, so that means JOB SEARCH TUESDAY is back!! 🙂 If you’re looking for work or you haven’t had much luck on your own, then why not have a look at these jobs that are advertised on Seek right now. You might find something that interests you! 🙂
Plenty of Food & Beverage jobs up for grabs:
- Royal on the Park Hotel located right next to the Botanical Gardens are looking for new F&B attendants who have at least 1 year experience in a similar role. You must be able to work over a rotating 7-day roster, and you should also have a valid RSA* certificate. If this sounds like you, apply now!
RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) is a legal document required to work with and around alcohol. You can obtain one by completing a short course online. For more information visit the Club Training Australia website.
- Another local CBD hotel The Shafston are also searching for new bar and wait staff. To be eligible for this role, you should have at least 2 years experience,have your RSA, be well presented as well as have availability to work on weekends. To read more, click here.
- The Queensland Gallery of Art would also like to take on some new staff to help out at their various functions and events. Great hourly rate of pay and great staff benefits. To apply for this job, you must submit your application to the Banquets Operations Coordinator by the 31st of January. Send your resume through to Lee Lombardi at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found here.
- The Waterloo Hotel in Fortitude Valley have various positions available which include Bar/Gaming and Bistro attendants. Please note that an RSG (Responsible Service of Gambling) is needed to work within the gaming rooms. You will be required to work over a 7-day week with late night finishes over the weekends (up to 3am). If you want a job that’s challenging yet rewarding then apply now!
- RUSH CBD are searching for new cocktail bar tenders to join their small team in their busy venue. All training is provided, and NO weekend work (YES PLEASE!!). Guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours a week. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity! Click here to apply.
- The Brisbane German Club in Wooloongabba have casual bar/gaming staff positions available – perfect for the busy student! Previous experience in a similar role is a bonus. Hours on offer range between 14-24 per week. Send your resume through to Tony on email@example.com. To read more, click here.
- Grill’d burgers in both Camp Hill and Carindale are looking for new burger building superstars! You need to be engaging with customers, be super friendly and work well within a team. Apply through the job ad here, and make sure to specify which location you would like to work at in your cover letter.
Love making that perfect coffee? There are a few barista jobs on offer!
- Located a short 10 minute bus ride from Brisbane CBD in Ashgrove is a small private owned Cake Shop. They’re after someone who is independent but can work well in a team, be confident with handling cash and making transactions with customers and of course brew the perfect coffee! A passion for sweet delicious cakes is a must as well. (That’s easy!!). To apply for this great opportunity, send your resume through to Judy on firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place on Monday 18th of January.
- Brand new bar/cafe Kettle & Hob has opened up in Paddington (located right next to Roma Street), and they have a lot of different roles available – which includes cocktail/bar attendants, wait staff and of course baristas. There are both casual and full-time hours up for grabs! Please send through your resume to Sean on email@example.com or if you have any questions feel free to contact him by phone. For more information click here.
A couple of Room Attendant/Cleaning jobs below:
- The Mantra Terrace Hotel in Brisbane CBD are still looking for their next bubbly and energetic room attendants. No previous experience is needed for this role and all training will be provided. To read more, click here.
- A busy 3.5 star hotel also in Brisbane CBD are seeking candidates with a positive attitude and a passion for customer service for their room attendant position. You do however need experience in a similar role to be eligible for this job, and you should also have full availability over a rotating 7-day roster. Apply to this job via the link here.
Have experience in retail and looking for a fresh start?
- Australia’s number one retailer in education supplies Co-Op are looking for new staff at their Brisbane CBD store to fill in over their busy period after the holidays. This job is very casual, and you are only needed to be available for at least 2 days out of the week. Best thing about it is that this is a Monday – Friday job! Apply now by clicking here. Job interviews will take place on Thursday 21st of January.
- Located right next to the Botanical Gardens, QUT Gardens Point Guild corner store are looking for highly motivated sales assistants. A minimum of 2 years experience in a retail/sales job is needed. Click here for more information.
- World famous sport brand Nike have a store here in the CBD, and they have various positions available for their busy store. Not only will you be an employee, but you will also be an ambassador for Nike therefor you must represent the brand in a professional and enthusiastic manner. A passion for the Nike brand is of course necessary! Applications close Sunday 17th of January – this should include both your resume as well as one A4 sized page outlining why you are the perfect candidate. Apply now!
Wow – that’s a lot of jobs! There are plenty more to look at on the Seek website, or you can also do a search of your own.
Don’t forget that today in Room 3 at 2pm is our Jobs Workshop – perfect for getting your resume and cover letter checked over.
That’s it for this week. Good luck with the job hunt! 😀