$$ Job Search Tuesday! $$
Job Search Tuesday is back!! 😀 This week, we are bringing you a whole bunch of brand new jobs in hospitality, cleaning and customer services. Take a look below to see if there is something you fancy! 🙂
Food & Beverage Jobs:
- This job is perfect for those looking for something a little more permanent. If you have experience with working in a fine dining environment, and have excellent barista skills, then this might be the job for you! Great rate of pay and employee benefits. Don’t have the necessary skills – do not fear! Pinnacle People is one of the major hospitality recruitment agencies that offer plenty of jobs, so they may have something else they can offer you! Send all applications to: email@example.com. Click here to read more about this job.
Also hiring: Corporate Baristas here.
- Another recruitment agency Sidekicker also have a range of jobs available, from waiters to kitchen hands. You’ll need at least 6-months experience, be friendly and energetic as well as having an RSA. Check out the Sidekicker website to see a list of other jobs, or click here to apply.
- The Royal Queensland Golf Club is located in Eagle Farm (20 minutes from the CBD by train), and they’re seeking a professional food & beverage attendant who is confident and positive. The right person should have experience with food/beverage and coffee making, as well as have an RSA. Variety of shifts across the 7-day roster are available! To apply, send your resume to the General Manager on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to see the job description.
- Located on Brisbane’s northside is the Bracken Ridge Tavern, and their Phoenix Bar requires new cocktail bartenders with at least 1-year experience. Must have excellent personal presentation and knowledge of cocktail mixology. Night shifts and weekend work are a must. Please send your resume through to: email@example.com. Job ad here.
- Event staff needed at yet another mass hospitality recruitment agency, Drake. You will be required to work in the areas of customer service, ticket selling, ticket scanning and support services. Flexible working hours and great rate of pay. Apply today!
- Want to join a fun and friendly team? Zambrero is a charity orientated Mexican restaurant, who not only provides delicious burritos, but for every plate sold, they provide a plate’s worth of food for developing world countries. ❤ Your roles include preparing food, serving customers and of course provide excellent customer service. Be apart of this very special team by applying today!
- A cafe in Hawthorn is currently seeking a bubbly barista to join their team. Successful candidates should have at least 2-years experience, and be available to work at least one day on the weekend. Click here to apply.
- The Marriott Hotel are currently looking for new baristas and food & beverage staff to join their ever-expanding team. You must have your RSA, and be willing to help out in other sections of the hotel when required. Great staff benefits and rate of pay! Get experience working for this big brand name hotel by apply here.
- Brisbane is a beautiful river city, that is lined with shops, restaurants and plenty of things to do! Down by the Eagle Street Pier is Riverbar & Kitchen, which has a fantastic view of the Story Bridge, and they’re searching for their newest barista superstars. If you’re passionate about coffee and putting a smile on people’s faces, then this might be the job for you! 🙂 Click here to read more and to apply.
- Just down the road from Riverbar is The Jade Buddah, and they have a variety of positions available, which include waiters/bartenders and glass collectors.You must be hard-working and well presented. Lots of hours available to those who want it! Hit the ‘apply now’ button here.
Retail & Sales Jobs:
- Face to face customer services attendants needed at a sales & marketing company here in Brisbane. Hospitality and retail experience is desired. You have the freedom and flexibility to choose when you want to work. Click here to apply.
- Big name designer brand Coach are hiring motivated Christmas casuals to join their store here in Brisbane CBD. If you believe you can proved 110% excellent customer service, and have the experience to support this, then this is the job for you! Apply here.
- Team members are needed at yummy burger joint Grill’d at their Camp Hill, Carindale and Bulimba stores around Brisbane. If you’re friendly by nature, and love giving excellent customer service in a fun environment, then why not apply? Great staff discounts and offers, and well… burgers! Who wouldn’t love this?! ❤
- Customer service attendant needed at Freedom Fuels in Bald Hills on Brisbane’s northside. To be successful for this role, you should be a positive team player who strives to exceed your customers expectations. Click here to apply.
- Pennisi Cuisine is a small deli located in Wooloongabba which specialises in European and various other international goods. As a deli assistant, you will be required to help out in the service area, maintain a clean workstation, pack and clean, and help with general retail duties. Apply here.
Cleaning Services Jobs:
- Super health and well-being focused cafe THR1VE are looking for casual and part-time crew members to join their team here in Brisbane CBD. They are looking for passionate individuals who have experience working in a similar role. They’re wanting food preparation and kitchenhand staff to help in the back, but also have front of house positions such as sales assistants and smoothie makers available. Send your resumes through to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, or hit the ‘apply now’ button here.
- Casual cleaning jobs available at hospitals around Brisbane. Medirest are a cleaning recruitment agency that specialises in the health industry, and they’re hiring their next intake of people to start immediately! You will be required to work anywhere between 7am and 11pm. This is a physically demanding job, so the right person should be fit and able bodied. Click here to apply.
- The Sofitel Hotel right in the heart of Brisbane are looking for a steward to join their professional team of kitchen staff. This part-time position will see you working on a rotating roster. You will be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of all kitchen facilities maintaining the highest standards of hygiene and safety. Click here to apply.
- Casual kitchenhands needed at Customs House along the Brisbane River. You will be responsible for the dishwasher and pot wash areas, assisting with plating up and service of function food as well as basic food preparation and general kitchen duties. Minimum of 1-year experience is recommended when applying. Send your resume through on the Seek website here.
- Another hospitality and service recruitment agency ALH are searching for new housekeeping attendants for the Camp Hill Hotel. The successful applicants will be energetic, enthusiastic and will need to demonstrate that they can work as part of a team and give exceptional customer service. Please send all resumes through to Nicole on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s an RSA, and do I need one??
You might have seen the acronym RSA popping up all over the place, particularly when it comes to hospitality jobs. RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) is required by law to work with and around alcohol all throughout Australia. Even if you are not working in a bar, you are still often required to have one, as most venues are licensed.
Some companies will let you apply for the job without an RSA, but you should obtain it as soon as possible once you have started your new job. Some companies may even help pay for the course! That’d be lucky! Just ask your new employer about your options – they are there to help!
There are a few websites where you can take the RSA course; a popular one being The Hospitality Institute of Australasia. They offer courses from as little as $18. Click herefor more information. (Please note: Make sure to register for a QUEENSLAND [QLD] RSA, as this is the correct qualification for our state).
Don’t forget about our Jobs Workshop that is on today at 2pm in Room 3. Get help with your resume, find out where and how to apply for the right job, and get all those questions answered!
🙂 Good luck!! 🙂