We are back again this week with plenty more jobs for you to apply to! 🙂 Take a look below!
Food & Beverage:
- Experienced waitstaff needed at the Newmarket Hotel. They need help in their busy restaurant – someone who has at least 1 year experience working in hospitality, and knows a thing or two about beer and wine products. Flexible shifts to work in with your schedule. Read more/apply here.
- Hospitality recruitment agency Sidekicker are taking new applications to start working ASAP at various venues around Brisbane. All you need is at least 6-months experience in hospitality, and have a friendly and positive attitude. Perfect for international students such as yourselves! 🙂 Click here for more information.
- AMF is one of Australia’s leading Ten-Pin Bowling companies, and their centre in Mt Gravatt are looking for new cafe attendants. You will need a valid RSA, and some experience working within a cafe environment. These roles are on a part-time basis. Apply now!
- Cafe all-rounder needed in a small shop in Aspley. Up to 15 hours per week are on offer. There isn’t much information listed, but take a look and apply here.
- The Queensland Club located here in Brisbane CBD have several job openings available. These include F&B Attendants, Housekeepers, Kitchenhands and Reception duties. Take a look at the ad here, and while you’re at it, why not apply? Send your resume and cover letter through to: firstname.lastname@example.org expressing which job you would like to apply for.
- The Cannon Hill Tavern has re-opened its doors with a new Italian restaurant and bar area, and now they need some new staff to finish it off! They’re in need of bartenders and gaming attendants to help out in this busy new venue. You’ll be required to work a range of shifts, which include night time and weekends. To be considered for gaming attendant roles, you’ll need to hold an RSG (Responsible Service of Gaming) certificate – see bottom of page regarding RSA to read more about obtaining your RSG. To apply, click here.
- There are plenty of unique and trendy cafes down on Commercial Road, Newstead. One of them is looking for a part-time barista to join the team, (up to 20 hours per week). Do you have 2-years experience and are available to work on weekends? Then they want you to apply!
- Casual barista is also needed at a small cafe here in the city. 6-months experience is all you need! Apply here.
- Lastly, a casual all-rounder is needed to help out at a venue also here in the city. They’re offering up to 40 hours per week. To be successful for this role, you’ll need at least 1 year experience, and be available to work at least 1 day over the weekend. Click here for more information and to apply.
- There’s a casual kitchenhand job available for an immediate start at a local aged care facility. You will be a part of a 14-day rotating roster, and there will be times where you’ll need to help with food preparation – so food handling experience is a must. Click here to apply.
- The Great Southern Hotel is in need of new room attendants. This casual position will see you helping maintain the cleanliness of the residence, as well as assisting with varies other duties within. Previous experience is preferable. Send your resume through to: email@example.com, or read more about the job description here.
- Prestigious hotel The Hilton are also currently seeking new housekeepers to join their team. This job will see you get great employee benefits within the hotel. Your duty is to support your team with the cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, as well as general day-to-day duties. The right person should be tidy and have professional presentation, and thrive on giving great customer service. Read more here.
- An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated & proactive Kitchenhand to join the Oxford 152 team. You will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work space within the kitchen, and also be readily available to help the chefs when needed. Hit that ‘apply now’ button here!
- AHS are another hospitality recruitment agency, and they are currently searching for new room attendants to start work immediately. Previous experience as a housekeeper is needed, as well as have a high level of professionalism and cleanliness. This is a physically demanding job, so a healthy fitness level is recommended. Click here to apply.
What’s an RSA, and do I need one??
You might have seen the acronym RSA popping up all over the place, particularly when it comes to hospitality jobs. RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) is required by law to work with and around alcohol all throughout Australia. Even if you are not working in a bar, you are still often required to have one, as most venues are licensed.
Some companies will let you apply for the job without an RSA, but you should obtain it as soon as possible once you have started your new job. Some companies may even help pay for the course! That’d be lucky! Just ask your new employer about your options – they are there to help!
There are a few websites where you can take the RSA course; a popular one being The Hospitality Institute of Australasia. They offer courses from as little as $18. Click herefor more information. (Please note: Make sure to register for a QUEENSLAND [QLD] RSA, as this is the correct qualification for our state).
Lexis Jobs Workshop
If you need that little extra help with writing your resume, or you don’t know what a cover letter is, then why not head on over to our Jobs Workshop – today at 2pm in Room 2! 😀 Get all these questions answered and more!