It’s that time of the week again – Job Search Tuesday!! 😀 Still looking for work? Don’t know where to start looking? Then why not start here?! We’ve hand-picked some of the latest jobs from Seek this week, so take a look below!
- Bar Alto at Brisbane’s Powerhouse are recruiting experienced bar staff on a casual basis. You must have at least 1-year experience and have a current RSA certificate. You’ll be guaranteed 20-30 hours per week! Hit that apply button here!
- The Breakfast Creek Hotel are also looking for experienced bar staff to join their team. Do you have a bright and bubbly personality with the skills to match? Then why not apply here?
- Hospitality agent Sidekicker are looking for new applications to start working immediately behind the bar at various venues around Brisbane! You get to choose when you work, which makes it great for busy students like yourselves! Feel free to apply, and ask about other job possibilities within the industry.
- Cafe all-rounder needed at a small cafe in Milton. Up to 25 hours per week are on offer, and you only need at least 1-year experience. Click here to apply.
- The Kenmore Hotel are still looking for bar and bistro staff who are willing to work both nights and weekends. You must have your RSA, and be able to show at least 6-months of recent work within a similar environment. If you love giving great customer service, then they want to hear from you! Click here to apply.
- Team members needed at delicious burger joint Grill’d down on Eagle Street. If you’re looking for a job that’s different to the norm, but is still super fun, then this is the job for you. Great employee benefits too! Must be available to work weekends! To read more and to apply, see here.
- Over in Fortitude Valley is the Waterloo Hotel, and they’re searching for team members to help out in various areas within the hotel. Great rate of pay flexible working hours are on offer to those with the right experience and attitude. Sounds like you, then why not apply?
- Bar attendants needed over at the Stones Corner Hotel! They are well known for their icy cold craft beers, so an interest in beer products is highly sought after! You must also have a neat and professional appearance, and also have a current RSA. To read more, click here.
- A small Italian restaurant here in the city are looking for keen barista to join their team. You must have at least 2-years barista experience, which means you should also be a master of latte art! If this sounds like you, then apply now!
- The Brunswick Hotel is currently recruiting passionate waiters and bar attendant to join their friendly team. Proven experience in a busy restaurant, and cash handling skills are essential if you want to work here. Range of shifts during the week, from daytime, night time and weekends! Click here to apply.
- The Royal Queensland Golf Club is seeking a motivated, professional food and beverage attendant with lots of experience working in the hospitality industry. Please send your resumes through to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th of February! To read more, see here.
What’s an RSA, and do I need one??
You might have seen the acronym RSA popping up all over the place, particularly when it comes to hospitality jobs. RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) is required by law to work with and around alcohol all throughout Australia. Even if you are not working in a bar, you are still often required to have one, as most venues are licensed.
Some companies will let you apply for the job without an RSA, but you should obtain it as soon as possible once you have started your new job. Some companies may even help pay for the course! That’d be lucky! Just ask your new employer about your options – they are there to help!
There are a few websites where you can take the RSA course; a popular one being The Hospitality Institute of Australasia. They offer courses from as little as $18. Click herefor more information. (Please note: Make sure to register for a QUEENSLAND [QLD] RSA, as this is the correct qualification for our state).
Lexis Jobs Workshop
If you need that little extra help with writing your resume, or you don’t know what a cover letter is, then why not head on over to our Jobs Workshop – today at 2pm in Room 2! Get all these questions answered and more!