💼 Job Search Tuesday is BACK! 💼
It has been a long time, but we are finally back with another Job Search Tuesday blog! 🙌 For those of you who are new – welcome! 😀
We’ve separated the most recently posted jobs from Seek into different categories, so take a look; you might find something that interests you!
Food & Beverage Jobs:
- Hospitality agent Sidekicker are now looking for enthusiastic hospitality staff for various shifts and events. The best thing about working for an agency is that you can choose when you work! 🙂 Take a look at the job ad here.
- New team members needed at the popular burger joint Burger Urge in South Bank. Burger Urge is proudly Brisbane owned, and have since become one of Queensland’s most iconic and loved chains. You can be a part of the growing team! If you are free to work across the week, including weekends and public holidays, have your RSA ready and have a flair for outstanding customer service, then they want to hear from you! Click here to apply now!
- A busy restaurant in Paddington just outside of the CBD are searching for someone with 3+ years experience in high-end catering venues. Must have outstanding communication skills and hold a current RSA certificate. Apply now.
- Front of House staff needed at a venue in Mount Gravatt, who are also offering 30+ hours to the right candidate. You should be readily available to work at least 1 day on weekends too. Apply here.
- Customs House is owned by the University of Queensland, and is conveniently located down by the Brisbane River. They’re now looking for new F&B staff who have 12-months experience in a similar role. If you have your RSA and a positive and friendly attitude, then they want to hear from you. Click here to read more and to apply.
- Tinderbox Kitchen in the Valley’s popular James Street precinct are looking for energetic wait staff who can handle the heat in this busy establishment. If you’re an expert on food and alcoholic beverages with at least 2-years experience, send your resume (including references) to…: email@example.com.
- Another of our popular Hospitality agencies Zenith are now on the hunt for casual F&B attendants to begin working at events throughout May until October. They have one event on the 31st of May that applicants must be able to attend. To be eligible for these shifts, you must have a minimum of 2-years experience in high-end functions and catering events, be able to carry 3 plates during service and bed available to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week. Great pay, great opportunity! Apply now!
- The Brisbane Golf Club in Yeerongpilly are searching for new F&B attendants to join their team. Immediate start is available to those with 2-years hospitality experience, hold a current RSA, full availability and excellent customer service skills. Click here to read more about the job and to apply.
- Ascot on Brisbane’s northside are looking for a barista to join their busy team. Plenty of shifts available to those who want them (up to 40 hours!). You only need 1-year experience behind a coffee machine! Apply today!
- Do you have your own transport and are willing to work early mornings? There’s an opportunity to work at one of Brisbane’s largest on-going markets in Rocklea. This role is Monday-Friday only (woohoo!) but you must be a highly skilled barista who is able to get to the markets for a 3:30am start. If this is perfect for you, apply now!
- Casual experienced baristas needed in a small cafe in Brisbane’s West End. Up to 30 hours a week on offer. Submit your interest here.
- Cafe in Brisbane CBD also advertising a similar job for baristas with at least 2 years experience. If you’re free to work weekends, then apply now!
- Fun, energetic, yet professionally minded people are needed to start immediately at a newly opened cafe in South Brisbane. The right person for the job should possess a positive attitude, have highly developed skills surrounding coffee, as well as having a passion for customer service. Sounds like you? Send your resume here.
Kitchenhand/Room Attendant/Cleaning Jobs:
- Casual kitchenhands needed in Northgate on Brisbane’s northside. If you have at least 1-year experience in a similar role, apply now!
- Oasis Apartments in Auchenflower are looking for experienced housekeepers who can work independently and as part of a team. Not much information is given, but click here to apply to this job.
- Kitchen Assistants needed at Mount Alvernia Girl’s College in Kedron. Applicants should have a Blue Card (or be willing to obtain one) and hospitality/barista experience is of course necessary. Send your resume along with references and outlined experience to…: firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about the job here.
- A 24-hour business have several positions available for kitchen helpers, cooks and assistants. For kitchenhand roles, they are looking for a motivated individual with a great sense of humour, great organisational and communication skills. Send through your resume and cover letter here.
- Luxxe Apartments are in need of part-time and casual room attendants. There are multiple positions available to the right people. Please send your resume and references through to the managers here.
What’s an RSA, and do I need one??
You might have seen the acronym RSA popping up all over the place, particularly when it comes to hospitality jobs. RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) is required by law to work with and around alcohol all throughout Australia. Even if you are not working in a bar, you are still often required to have one, as most venues are licensed.
Some companies will let you apply for the job without an RSA, but you should obtain it as soon as possible once you have started your new job. Some companies may even help pay for the course! That’d be lucky! Just ask your new employer about your options – they are there to help!
There are a few websites where you can take the RSA course; a popular one being The Hospitality Institute of Australasia. They offer courses from as little as $18. Click herefor more information. (Please note: Make sure to register for a QUEENSLAND [QLD] RSA, as this is the correct qualification for our state).
Lexis Jobs Workshop
If you need that little extra help with writing your resume, or you don’t know what a cover letter is, then why not head on over to our Jobs Workshop – today at 2pm in Room 2! Get all these questions answered and more!