👍 JOB SEARCH TUESDAY 💼
It’s that time of the week again – Job Search Tuesday!! 🙂 We’ve selected some jobs that are perfect for the busy student looking to earn some extra cash. So, if this sounds like you, keep on reading! 😎
- Something that is very popular with Lexis students at the moment is Uber Eats. They’ve recently advertised on Seek with all the information you need to get started! Of course- you must have your own transport and license. Take a look here and apply!
- Riverbend Cafe in Bulimba are looking for experienced wait staff/baristas to join their team. You will need your RSA and own transport is recommended. Casual/part-time and full-time hours are available. Read more.
- Hospitality agency Sidekicker have recently advertised a range of jobs, particularly bartenders and wait staff. A good knowledge of alcohol products and a valid RSA are necessary. Great rate of pay, and experience working at various venues across Brisbane!
- A cafe over in Sunnybank Hills are searching for a casual front of house staff. Up to 25 hours a week are on offer, and you should be available to work at least 1 day on the weekend. Click here to apply.
- Also in Sunnybank Hills, another cafe is seeking an experienced cafe helper on a casual basis. They are offering up to 25 hours a week as well. Apply here.
- Down by the Brisbane River on the prestigious Portside Wharf (next to Eat Street Markets) is Byblos – a new Lebanese inspired bar and restaurant. They are searching for team members who are fast learners and have at least 1-year experience in hospitality. Sounds like you? Click here to read more or send your resume through to: Shane@byblosbar.com.au.
- Covet Restaurant & Bar is a fantastic a la carte restaurant located in Toowong. They are now hiring skilled wait staff for an immediate start. Great pay and friendly staff. Send your resume to: email@example.com. Read more here.
- Here is your chance to join one of Australia’s leading coffee brand – The Coffee Club are now hiring! If you have experience working as a Food & Beverage attendant, then they want to hear from you! Submit your interest and resume here.
- They are now hiring Food & Beverage attendants at the wonderful University of Queensland‘s (UQ) student union center. Your duties will include serving customers, food preparation and bar work. This is a great opportunity to not only earn money, but to experience Australia’s university lifestyle. Click here to apply.
- A cafe in Everton Park are now hiring a part-time cafe assistant. Up to 30 hours per week are on offer to those with experience working in a cafe. Submit your resume here.
- Delicious healthy burger joint Grill’d in Fortitude Valley’s Emporium are seeking new people to join their team. You will be required to serve customers, do general cleaning and be available to work when required. This is a casual position that pays well! To find out more, click here.
- Barista needed at a cafe in Chermside. This casual position will offer you up to 40-hours per week! You must be willing to work both Saturday and Sundays however. Sounds good? Apply here.
What’s an RSA, and do I need one??
You might have seen the acronym RSA popping up all over the place, particularly when it comes to hospitality jobs. RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) is required by law to work with and around alcohol all throughout Australia. Even if you are not working in a bar, you are still often required to have one, as most venues are licensed.
Some companies will let you apply for the job without an RSA, but you should get it as soon as possible. Some companies may even help pay for the course!🙂 That’d be lucky! Just ask your new employer about your options – they are there to help!
There are a few websites where you can take the RSA course; a popular one being The Hospitality Institute of Australasia. They offer courses from as little as $18. Click herefor more information. (Please note: Make sure to register for a QUEENSLAND [QLD] RSA, as this is the correct qualification for our state).
Lexis Jobs Workshop
If you need that little extra help with writing your resume, or you don’t know what a cover letter is, then why not head on over to our Jobs Workshop – Tuesdays at 2pm in Room 2! 😀 Get all these questions answered and more!