Adjectives… Why do we use them? What are they?
Adjectives are words that describe the qualities or states of being of nouns:
We teach that adjectives are words that modify (describe) nouns.
- Alison wore a beautiful hat to the pie-eating contest.
- Furry dogs may overheat in the summertime.
- Audrey’s cake should have sixteen candles.
- The scariest villain of all time is Luke.
In these sentences, the adjectives are easy to see because they come immediately before the nouns they change.
Why are these useful to use and learn? Well when we write a sentence we can easily add an adjective to make our writing more complex 🙂
The man is in the hospital. This is fine but let us make it a little more complex
The sick old man is in the new hospital. Wow that is a lot better right!!!!
*So whenever you are writing try to add some adjectives to make more complex stories!!
Backpackers World Travel presents:
- Surf Weekend in Spot X for only $295 (usually $ 355) Friday 14th to Sunday 16th of September
INCLUDES: Return transfer from Brisbane, all meals while on camp, 2 nights’ accommodation and 3 surf lessons. Surf Weekend in Spot X for only $295 (usually $ 355)
- Stradbroke Island weekend $209 (usually 229$) Saturday 15th to Sunday 16th of September
See Kangaroos, Koalas, Goannas, Dolphins, Whales & more!
INCLUDES: Return transfer from Brisbane, 1-night dorm accommodation, all food on the island and 1 Stand Up Paddle Boarding lesson.
Optional extras: Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Aboriginal Cultural Experience and Kayaking.
FOR MORE INFO VISIT:
Backpackers World Travel
5/131 Elizabeth St · (07) 3211 8900
- WHAT LANGUAGES DO YOU SPEAK?
An English teacher or a movie director
- WHEN YOU ARE IN BRISBANE, DON’T MISS OUT….
On a day trip to Morton Island
- BRISBANE BEST KEPT SECRET IS…
All the restaurants in Sunnybank
- I’LL BET YOU DIDN’T KNOW…
I have a journalism degree
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO DO?
Watch comedy on TV
- HAVE YOU EVER LIVED IN ANOTHER COUNTRY?
- WHAT IS YOUR DREAM HOLIDAY DESTINATION?
I love Egypt and Spain and would love to go again
- WHY DID YOU BECOME A TEACHER?
I love teaching and I love learning about the world
- WHAT IS YOUR ENGLISH LEARNING TIP?
Watch Australian TV shows