Jobs in Brisbane
Barista/Waiting Staff – Cafe One
20-years old cafe Name “Cafe One” located in Indooroopilly shopping centre. Your work will start at 16/09. Looking for RESPONSIBLE, FRIENDLY people to join us. Happy to offer full time.
Qualifications & experience
- Have at least 1 year experience as a barista
- Able to work at lease 1 day on weekends
- Have Australian work rights
Tasks & responsibilities
- As waiting staff – service customers with enthusiasm, must be quick on feet, have welcoming personality, learn quickly, great communication skills.
- As barista – be able to make quick coffees, measure dosing, good communication skills, open minded and ready to learn.
Section Waiters – Walter’s Steakhouse
Walter’s Steakhouse is seeking highly experienced section waiters to join our team and bring back good old fashion service.
We are looking for people with the right attitude, plenty of experience and the ability to converse with customers. We have a variety of shifts available both day or night Monday through to Saturday Lunch and Dinner services.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Exceptional Organisation skills – you need to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Food, Wine & Cocktail knowledge
- A true passion for food, hospitality and people
- Confidence in your ability to take charge, able to give and receive genuine feedback and take action as needed
- Be warm, personable and sociable. Bring your personality to the table
- A passion for people and providing unforgettable guest experiences
- Three plate carry and tray service
- Previous A La Carte experience
- A current valid RSA certificate
- Advanced communication skills
- Able to thrive under pressure
- Impeccable presentation, hygiene and grooming standards
- Flexible availability over a 7 day rotating roster, including nights, weekends and public holidays
We are looking for enthusiastic applicants who are passionate about the hospitality industry and values being part of a supportive team.
Junior/customer service/cheerleader – Gloria Jean’s Coffees
Gloria Jeans Coffee’s Logan requires enthusiastic, energised casual Junior cheer leader to work in a busy, fast-paced environment. Must be able to multi-task and keep smiling the whole day! Proven barista/customer service/franchise experience preferred.
This is a casual position for approximately 30 – 35 hours per week, including one weekend shift.
Must have proven cafe or franchise experience
Please address the selection criteria carefully i.e. barista/franchise/customer service experience before applying for this position
Applications by email only.
Kitchen Hand – Griffin Early Learning Centre
We are seeking an energetic Kitchen Hand who is passionate about preparing fresh and wholesome meals for children in our new purpose-built and fully equipped kitchen for our childcare centre at Griffin The centre will cater up to 129 children per day. You will be supporting and guided by a fully qualified, experienced chef.
You will have:
- Completed as a minimum Food Handling and Food safety certificate
- Experience working in a childcare kitchen or an age care environment is an advantage but not necessary
- Current Bluecard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Barista experience is preferred
- Be comfortable to step up to cover our Chef when on annual leave
- Be available to increase hours as required
- Be a reliable, positive and well-organised person
- Have good time management skills and be confident in assisting in a busy kitchen
- Provide a barista service to families, training will be provided
- Enjoy working with families, colleagues and children
- Preparing for a nutritious and on-time morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for babies and children each day, including the preparation of purees and special diet meals
- Support our chef with budgeting and shopping for the kitchen when required
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen, in accordance with Food and Council
Food & Beverage Attendant – Casual – Rydges Hotels & Resorts
This role will suit a well-rounded hospitality professional with the flexibility and experience to work a variety of shifts. Key tasks will include setting up and packing down events, day to day food running and customer assistance during the event.
Required experience and skills:
- At least 2 years experience in food and beverage service
- At least 1 years experience in Conference & Events
- Bar Skills preferable
- Exceptional personal presentation and grooming
- Outstanding customer service
- Own Transport
- Excellent communication skills
- Great team work
- Responsible service of alcohol qualification
Kitchen Hand / Cook – C&K Kedron Childcare Centre
- Permanent full-time position commencing September 2019
- Be a positive part to the community
- Bring your expertise to the kitchen
About the role:
Due to an increase in utilization C&K Kedron Childcare Centre is currently looking for an experienced and qualified kitchen hand / cook to join their team full time. As the kitchen hand / cook you will be responsible for providing assistance to the cook in maintaining the kitchen work areas and equipment to ensure that they are in a clean and orderly condition.
This is a challenging and exciting role which will provide nutritious meals for children not only at C&K Kedron but will also cater for an external centre. As part of this role you will also be responsible for engaging in and educating children about sustainable practices and will assist in developing menus for catering opportunities for our head office support team.
- Full-time – Permanent – 38 hours per week across Monday to Friday
- Start date September 2019
What will C&K require from you as a Kitchen Hand / Cook?
- Prepare all meals and snacks as directed with as much minimal waste as possible
- Hold or willing to obtain relevant certificates in respect to food handling
- Previous experience in cooking for young children desirable
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high standard in preparation, ordering, storage and food handling
- Knowledge and experience in menu planning for dietary and nutritional requirements desirable
- The ability to uphold time schedules for meal preparation while still remaining flexible to the needs of the children
- Ensure the safety and hygiene of kitchen and kitchen equipment is maintained and adhered to within legislative and Workplace Health & Safety requirements.
- Hold current Blue card or willing to obtain one
- A demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
- Clean open driver’s licence
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks.
Junior Gelato Maker and Scooper | Brisbane CBD Store – Gelatissimo
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Delivering the very best customer service
- Gelato scooping
- Shake making
- Gelato production
- The ability to work in a team
- Maintaining high levels of standards and cleanliness
Skills and experience
- Ability to work various shifts night and day as well as weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- High standard presentation and keen eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- No experience necessary